Saturday, February 13, 2010

Google Apps (Forms/Spreadsheets)

I've had purpose recently to create a spreadsheet and chose to forego software in lieu of a Google spreadsheet. The task itself was mundane, but what I discovered as I wrapped up the project and decided to "explore" was like a breath of fresh air!

What I discovered was that forms could be generated from Google spreadsheets. The respondents can choose from check boxes, multiple choice, drop-down menus, brief text-entry, or longer text-entry. The respondents' data is then imported into the spreadsheet.

The data can then be analyzed and represented graphically in the form of bar or pie graphs. Can you see where I'm going with this? Surveys, polls, assessments...the applications are endless.

I then thought of a way to create a form for administrator classroom walkthroughs using these capabilities. In this day and age of shrinking budgets, my end-product has the potential to save a significant amount of taxpayer's money! Amazing! Free! I'll be sure to pass along a portion of my bonus (he said tongue-in-cheek) to the fine folks at Google for the savings realized by this discovery and application.

No comments:

Post a Comment